Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Poem: Between Two Worlds


(A poem I wrote for Lovey before her death)

Friends, please hold me in your Light
As I struggle between two worlds.

The message my angels gave me --
A date on a calendar --
A vision of grace and butterflies --
The songs my bird guardians sang --
The doctors’ prognosis --
My friends giving us money and food --
My heart, too strong to stop beating,
But too weak to sit by the water’s edge.

Death is ignoring all that.
My earth-bound ‘committee’ is shaming me with all that.
And my faith has been chased away by all that.

Friends, please hold me in your Light
As I struggle between two worlds.

To learn the new language my angels are speaking;
To understand that Death ignores calendars, but so does Love;
That this universe holds fear and demons as well as grace and butterflies
And maybe you can’t have one without the other;
To hear the higher frequency of the bird songs;
To know doctors are humans
Which sometimes means basically clueless;
That I haven’t taken from my friends,
I’m just not too good at receiving;
That this heart gives me another day to be with Marilyn
....And another day to forgive myself all these struggles
....And another day to be very angry, and very sad, and very afraid
.......and then to eat some chocolate
.......and remember all the cakes I baked
.......and all the love I’ve given
And have faith in your faith when I can’t find mine.

-- meganthemegan for Lovey
5/8/2007


No comments: